If you have been using a free version of MS office but the trial period is now expired, visit www.office.com/setup to purchase a product package or renew the old product. After completing the subscription process, you receive an Office setup product key on your registered email address. Having a using office setup product key is mandatory to activate the software.
If you own an Office setup product key but do not have Microsoft Office setup installed on your PC, you will have to use the Office website. Regardless of the version, whether online or desktop, it is necessary to have a licensed product key in order to activate or reactivate the software.
Use Office setup product key to activate the software
Method 1: For online MS Office setup users
- Go to office.com/setup and click Sign in
- Enter your Office setup product key in the respective field
- Click Continue/ Submit
- Open any MS Office app such as Word to launch the program
- Click Activate and complete the online activation
Method 2: For Offline MS Office setup users
- Launch any random Office app say, MS Office Word
- On the app, you will see a highlighted banned right below the toolbar with a clickable ‘Reactivate’ or ‘Activate’ button
- Enter the key in the field
- Click submit
- Click on the button and you will be directed to office.com/setup
- Sign in/ Sign up
- Click Activate and complete product activation
You have successfully activated Office com setup, online or offline. Contrastingly, if you do not go manually, you may end up facing critical errors, such as Office activation failure, unlicensed product, Office setup product key expired and other. Therefore, it is suggested to use a genuine key for error- free activation.